Who is suitable for a referral to CloudsCCS?
- Clients aged 10 and over – we have no upper age limit.
- Those registered with a GP within the CloudsCCS locality; South Yorkshire
- Clients who are not currently engaging with other mental health services, this includes counselling.
- We are unable to work with people with high levels of chronicity, complexity or risk.
If you are unsure about an individual’s suitability for CloudsCCS, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to referral.
How do I make a referral?
- Clients may directly refer themselves to our service by calling the number at the foot of our website or by raising a support request ticket in our online support system accessible above.
- Alternatively, GPs, School Representatives and other healthcare professionals may refer clients by completing and returning our referral form below.
Referrals can be sent to CloudsCCS via:
Phone: Please see number at the foot of the website.
Online: Please use the form below.
What happens after a referral has been made?
- After CloudsCCS has received a referral we will contact the client directly to complete their registration and make an appointment. If we cannot offer the right service for them we will let them and the referrer know.
- We will let you know if we have been unable to contact the client to complete their registration and have discharged them.
- An assessment typically lasts up to 45 minutes and takes place over the telephone, although face-to-face can be arranged under certain circumstances (e.g. if the client has hearing difficulty).
What role do GPs and outside professionals play?
- We ask the clients permission to share information with their GP. We will update GPs following assessment, upon any significant changes within treatment, and finally upon their discharge from the service. This correspondence will typically take place by letter, but occasionally it is helpful for us to speak with GPs by telephone, in which case we will contact you.
- Should you have any queries about an individual you have referred as a client, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
CloudsCCS is not an emergency or crisis service and we are unable to provide urgent support.
Clients presenting with current high risk should not be referred to us but should be referred directly to secondary care services in your area, such as the CMHT (community mental health team) or AMHT (acute mental health team)
CloudsCCS provides psychological therapies for clients with mild to moderate anxiety and depression disorders. We are unfortunately not equipped to manage immediate high risk, and individuals presenting as such may be more suitable for a referral to secondary care services.
At assessment, we will assess a client’s risk to ensure it is manageable within CloudsCCS, and we will work collaboratively with the client to compose a management plan, should their risk escalate between appointments. Typically, an individuals management plan will involve telephoning 111 or making an emergency GP appointment. Please note we are unable to monitor risk or provide support to clients between appointments.
During assessment and throughout treatment, we endeavour to monitor clients’ risk levels. Should risk escalate, it may no longer be appropriate for us to continue working with them. We may ask them to make an emergency GP appointment to review their care, or we may directly refer them to CMHT or AMHT.